Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beautiful Cascade Lake

I recently enjoyed a few days of rest and relaxation at the Brown House in Cascade, ID. I picked the perfect time as the weather in McCall and Cascade was sunny and crisp in contrast to the inversion and smog that was rolling in to the Boise valley. I enjoyed reading the word, prayer, meditation, walking,hot tubbing under the stars, and skiing at Brundage. I think one of my favorite parts of skiing is the ride up to the top of the mountain on the lift. The colors, sights, and sounds are truly breathtaking. I recently read that the essence of skiing is a simple conversation between your body and gravity. That about sums it up. Hope you all can come up for a visit before too long! Lorna

2 comments:

Traci Vanderbush said...

Wow! I would love to see it like that.

Bill Vanderbush said...

That is amazing. Thank you guys so much for posting this.